PAST SIGNATURE FUNDRAISING EVENTS
The Second Annual Lobster-Fest-To-Go
Another success story for our club. The annual Lobster-Fest-To-Go took place at the Amelia Recreation Center on November 19, 2021. 720 live Lobsters were flown in from Maine and the proceeds benefitted FOAR from Home and local not-for-profit organizations.
Lobster-Fest-To-Go was sponsored by Coastal Cottage, Compass Group, First Federal Bank, Florida Public Utilities, the News Leader and Laura Schulte.
More photos from this event can be found in the gallery. Click here to continue.
The 8th Annual Wine & Food Tasting
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 our signature event was cancelled.
Meanwhile, new events were created in 2020/2021 such as the Inaugural Lobster-Fest-To-Go which benefitted the Barnabas Meal Pack Program and The Summer-Fun Virtual Wine Tasting Fundraiser which collected for FOAR FROM HOME.
Amelia Island 7th Annual Wine & Food Tasting
Amelia Island March 2, 2019 - As in previous years this highly popular event took place at the Atlantic Rec Center. Close to 300 guest enjoyed music by Crescendo Amelia and Food by several area restaurants. At about 7 pm attendees were surprised, stunned and very amused by the flash mob orchestrated by Rotarian Theresa Shuster from the Rotary Club of Amelia Island Sunrise. It was clear that many of the Rotarians practiced for some time to be in sync. Raffle tickets were sold and an amazing Silent Auction with items gathered by Rotarian Dotti Forwengler were also on display.
For another year the hard-working members of the Rotary Club of Amelia Island succeeded to provide what they promised to the following four organizations:
- Barnabas Center – funds towards repaying the loan of their 14' box truck used to pick-up and deliver donated food items for the food pantry and for mobile food distribution in Nassau County, FL.
- Nassau Habitat for Humanity of Fernandina Beach – funds to be applied towards the purchase of a building lot to provide safe, affordable housing for low income residents.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters – funds for paid internships and scholarship opportunities for participating youth in Nassau County.
- Friends of Fernandina Aviation (FOFA) - funds for several flight training scholarships for high school students to attend the National Flight Academy.
We would like to take this opportunity and thank all sponsors, restaurants, organizations and individuals for everything that was donated to make the 7th annual Wine & Food Tasting another huge success. All the generous contributions helped make our 2019 funding goals possible
The 6th annual Wine & Food Tasting Amelia Island took place Saturday, March 3rd 2018 again at the Atlantic Recreation Center.
Amelia Island 6th Annual Wine & Food Tasting
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Nassau County Foundation (we helped raise money to purchase a bus to transport students to the clubs after school)
- FOFA - Friends of Fernandina Aviation ( we raised money for student scholarships to attend the National Flight Academy)
- Nassau County Council on Aging (the monies raised help to complete the tech room at the council's new location to assist seniors without access to Internet or computers.
We thank all the organizations who helped making this event one of the most successful fundraisers.
Here is a little sample of this fabulous evening:
Amelia Island 5th Annual Wine & Food Tasting
This event took place Saturday, March 4th 2017 at the Atlantic Recreation Center, Fernandina Beach.
This year we are very excited to have three local organizations as our chosen recipients for the event. The recipients were chosen based on their involvement in our community, their willingness to assist and participate in the event, and their alignment of the Rotary International Areas of Focus. The three recipient organizations for 2017 are:
- 8 Flags Playscapes
- Fernandina Beach Fire Department
- Friends of Fernandina Aviation
We thank these organizations for all the support they provide to our families and friends in Nassau County. And we thank you for your participation in our event and with our endeavors to our community strong and thriving! (more...)
Amelia Island 4th Annual International Wine & Food Tasting
Our annual Wine Event, which took place on Saturday, March 5th, 2016, was a huge success! It was an event not to be missed! So, whether you attended or couldn't make it, check back soon for more details and a slide show of photos from the magical evening!
Amelia Island 2nd International Wine and Food Tasting Fundraiser
Guests at the event were treated by a special performance by Joshua Barber a remarkable 10 year old singer. He has a disease that deteriorates the connective tissue between his joints. Thank you Joshua for your positive outlook on life. You are a very special kid!